February 27, 2014

40th D&D - Looking Back

Day 27: If you had to do it all over again, would you do anything different when you first started gaming?

Not really.
I will admit I spent an inordinate amount of time playing D&D, even if most of that time was simply designing adventures. But if I hadn't been playing D&D I would have been doing some other hobby. Playing D&D did help me out in many ways and certainly kept me out of some of the trouble I could have gotten into as a kid. I do not begrudge the time I have spend with D&D.


Likewise, I don't think I missed anything about D&D I wish I had participated in. I have never been to a GenCon, but that's okay. I never was a member of the RPGA, but that's okay. As a person I don't generally regret anything I have or have not done in the past and this applies to my association with D&D as well.


No comments: