February 20, 2014

40th D&D - First Non-D&D Game

Day 20: First non-D&D RPG you played.

Villains & Vigilantes.
The people who introduced me to D&D quickly introduced us to other rpgs as well. It was only a couple of months after being introduced to D&D that we were playing a new rpg. I didn't like it that much. It seemed to take a lot of math to make a character. Character generation was slow. With it's random power approach it was easy to end up with a useless character. We ended up spending most of that night making characters and, with the little time we had left to play an adventure, I was pretty much useless with the powers I had rolled. We never ended up playing it again.

However, the one thing I did carry away from that night was that there were other games out there. RPGs were a broad area full of many genres and systems. It was probably because of my early exposure to other games that I have always looked at rpgs in general instead of only D&D specifically.


No comments: